Would you have signed and displayed the Declaration of Independence in 1776?
If so, you should read on.
This proclamation, calling on America to Fire Congress in 2012, will be printed in the Houston Chronicle on Sunday, 7/24, and the USA Today early next week. Dozens of our leaders have signed the official document (not all signatures are shown). I encourage you to print a copy, sign it, and post everywhere you can.
I expect one of three things will happen when the document becomes public: 1) we will continue to be ignored; 2) we will be attacked personally or; 3) the GO movement we have worked so diligently to build over the last 4 years will take off. Help us make option three happen.
I ask that each of you contact every member of the media you can. Let them know it is time they engage with us to replace this woefully inept gaggle of politicians who are so determined to win politically they are willing to destroy our nation financially. Send them the link to our Patriot Proclamation. I remain hopeful the politicians will find a short term way out of the ridiculous and totally unnecessary debt-ceiling mess they have created, but I know they are absolutely incapable of solving the core problems confronting us. If we do not soon convince our neighbors and the media of this fact, our nation will pay a painful price.
The solution is to select a new slate of leaders. It is time to press the reset button. We have a plan that will get our nation back on course, but we need your help:
- Write the editor of your local newspaper about GO
- Call every talk show host you listen to and tell them about GOOOH.com
- Contact every television news show in the country
- Place this flyer or the Patriot Proclamation on the desk of co-workers and tack to bulletin boards
- Tell every Facebook Friend you have
- Post a note in every internet forum you can find
We will soon begin choosing new leaders and we want every patriotic American to join GO and participate.
Our new GOOOH Video Contest, or get someone you know to do so. You, or they, could win $10,000!
has been well received. Please watch the video and forward so that others may consider our plan. Then, enter our
Thomas Paine said, “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day.” Isn’t it time we addressed this problem?
When in the course of human events it becomes necessary to replace the politicians who have failed to properly govern our nation, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that we should declare the causes which impel us to this action.
We remind all that we still hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created Equal, and that we are endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights, among these Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. In order to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. However, when those in power become destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to replace them, to alter the system by which they are chosen, and to institute a new process that is more likely to secure our Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that processes long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind is more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations persist, it is our right and our duty to throw out such leaders, and to provide new guards for our future.
Such has been the patient sufferance of We the American People; and such is now the necessity which compels us to alter the process by which our leaders are chosen. The history of the present and recent politicians is a history of repeated malfeasance and usurpations, all having directly or indirectly established an absolute control over We the People. To prove this, let these facts be submitted to a suffering nation:
- The politicians have continuously ignored our Constitution, trampling the rights of the States and the people.
- The politicians have completely destroyed the concept of equality, dividing the nation into countless factions in order to garner political support.
- The politicians have criminally refused fiscal responsibility, incurring debts and obligations designed to enslave our posterity in the cruelest of ways.
- The politicians have repeatedly failed our children by blindly supporting a failing, and in places, inept education system.
- The politicians have blatantly abused our citizens with a ridiculously complex and intrusive tax code.
- The politicians have consistently championed political correctness instead of making the difficult decisions that wisdom demands.
- The politicians have cunningly rigged the election process so that the vast majority of incumbents are re-elected despite an overwhelming disapproval of their work.
- Too many politicians have routinely ignored our Creator.
We have warned them from time to time, with correspondence of every kind, but they have been deaf to the voice of reason. We must, therefore, rally the members of this nation and peacefully replace those who have ashamedly usurped power that belongs to the States and the people.
We, therefore, as dutiful spokesmen for citizens all across America, hereby request that every patriot in this country join the GOOOH movement and help select a new slate of independent citizen representatives who will serve the people of their district.
For the good of this nation, and for the future of all who will follow, with a firm reliance on Divine Providence, we respectfully sign this Proclamation and mutually pledge to our fellow countrymen our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.